Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/curry-sweet-potatoes-fennel/
© 2018 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Curry Sweet Potatoes & Fennel
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced (about 3 to 4 cups)
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1/2-inch pieces (about 12 ounces)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut cream
chopped fennel fronds for serving
- Heat coconut oil in a large stainless steel skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Saute until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add fennel to the skillet with an additional 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and saute until lightly browned, 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Now add the sweet potatoes and remaining spices and sea salt. Toss to coat with the onions & fennel. Pour in coconut cream, reduce heat to medium-low to prevent burning and cover with a fitted lid. Steam cook potatoes for 4 to 5 minutes until tender, stirring once or twice to be sure they're not sticking to the skillet.
- Remove lid and continue to stir frequently, allowing all the liquid to evaporate, and flavors to combine for another minute or two.
- Serve warm with chopped fennel fronds.