Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/creamy-ground-beef-potato-stew/
© 2016 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Creamy Ground Beef & Potato Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 heaping cup sliced shallots
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large Japanese yam, peeled and cubed (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 scant cups beef bone broth
- 1 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 6 ounces spinach
- pinch each ground cinnamon and ground cloves
- Turn Instant Pot “Saute” function on. Heat olive oil in insert.
- Add shallots and ½ teaspoon sea salt to insert and cook for a few minutes until fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add ground beef, rosemary, thyme and remaining ½ teaspoon sea salt to insert and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to lightly brown the beef. Stir in bay leaf , cubed yam, and bone broth and seal the lid.
- Turn “Saute” function off and set Manual timer to pressure-cook for 8 minutes. When timer elapses, immediately vent the pressure.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle in the arrowroot starch while stirring the stew to thicken it. Stir in the spinach in batches of handfuls until wilted. Stir in cinnamon and cloves.
- Ladle stew into bowls and serve warm.