Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/chicken-roastedroots/
© 2017 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Pan-Fried Chicken, Olives & Shallot with Garlic & Herb Roasted Roots
- Garlic & Herb Roasted Roots:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium rutabaga
- 5 medium carrots
- Pan-Fried Chicken, Olives & Shallot:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Garlic & Herb Roasted Roots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. If you have a Convection option on your oven, use it for the crispest fries. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Slice rutabaga and carrots into long, thin fries, no more than 1/3-inch wide. Toss vegetables with the herb mixture until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking hseet.
- Roast for 25 minutes until browned. Meanwhile, prepare the Shallot Chicken.
Pan-Fried Chicken, Olives & Shallot
- While the vegetables roast, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots to the pan and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Add olives and sliced chicken and toss with shallots. Fry chicken on each side for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through. Stir in balsamic and sea salt and simmer for 1 minute to thicken the sauce, scraping any browned bites off the pan.
- Serve Shallot Chicken and juices over roasted vegetables and serve warm.