Garlic & Herb Roasted Roots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. If you have a Convection option on your oven, use it for the crispest fries. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together olive oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Slice rutabaga and carrots into long, thin fries, no more than 1/3-inch wide. Toss vegetables with the herb mixture until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking hseet.
- Roast for 25 minutes until browned. Meanwhile, prepare the Shallot Chicken.
Pan-Fried Chicken, Olives & Shallot
- While the vegetables roast, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots to the pan and fry for 3 to 4 minutes until browned. Add olives and sliced chicken and toss with shallots. Fry chicken on each side for 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through. Stir in balsamic and sea salt and simmer for 1 minute to thicken the sauce, scraping any browned bites off the pan.
- Serve Shallot Chicken and juices over roasted vegetables and serve warm.