Posted by http://grazedandenthused.com/caramelized-onion-ricotta-pizza-enthused-80-allergy-friendly-recipes-want-eat/
© 2017 Grazed & Enthused. All rights reserved.
Caramelized Onion & "Ricotta" Pizza
2/3 cup arrowroot or tapioca starch
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1/2 cup warm water
Caramelized Onions & "Ricotta"
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup coconut butter, softened
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon truffle salt
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- Make the crust: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Slowly pour in the olive oil, continuously stirring the mixture as you pour. Mix in the warm water thoroughly. The dough may be slightly crumbly, but once you roll it out in the next step, it will bind together well.
- Place the dough on the prepared cookie sheet or pizza pan. Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top of the dough and use your hands or a rolling pin to smooth the dough into a crust about ¼ inch thick. You may roll it into the desired shape, such as a circle, oval, or rectangle.
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, until light golden brown and crisp.
- While crust is baking, prepare the Caramelized Onion & "Ricotta" by heating 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute onions for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Sprinkle in balsamic vinegar and allow to caramelize and reduce for another 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut butter, coconut milk and truffle salt to make the "Ricotta".
- Distribute caramelized onions evenly across baked crust. Sprinkle with teaspoon-size blobs of "Ricotta" and drizzle with remaining tablespoon olive oil.
- Preheat broiler to high. Broil pizza on second highest oven rack for 2 minutes until the "Ricotta" is light brown and a little bubbly. Finish pizza by sprinkling with thyme leaves and minced garlic. Slice into 6 pieces and serve immediately.